Image 1 of 1
Black Watch Parade 1.jpg
Black Watch Homecoming Parade, Aberfeldy. 02.03.05
Two guards of a hundred men each from The 1st Battalion The Black Watch march through Aberfeldy, Perthshire led by the Pipes and Drums also of the 1st Battalion The Black Watch. Aberfeldy is where the 'Companies' of men were mustered in 1667, the dark tartans that the men wore to distinguish them from the 'Red Soldiers' led them to becoming known as 'Freiceadan Dubh' or 'The Black Watch'
The Black Watch memorial in Aberfeldy was unveiled on the 14th November 1887 by Gavin - Marquis of Breadlabane.
Picture by Graeme Hart.
Copyright Perthshire Picture Agency
Tel: 01738 623350 Mobile: 07990 594431
- NO SYNDICATION. COPYRIGHT REMAINS WITH PPA
- Image Size
- 2992x1899 / 739.0KB
- Contained in galleries
- March 2005